- Presides at all meetings of the City Council
- The Mayor shall serve a four-year term of office
- May vote when his vote shall be decisive and the Council is equally divided on any pending matter
- Has the power to remit fines or pardon any offense arising under the ordinances of the municipality
- Has general, and immediate control over all property, and officials
- Has authority to grant extensions on utility bills
The City of Hebron operates in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law, which states: "It is illegal to discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin in the sale or rental of housing or residential lots, in advertising the sale or rental of housing, in the financing of housing, in the provision of real estate brokerage services, and in the appraisal of housing. Blockbusting is also illegal.
Anyone who feels he or she has been discriminated against may file a complaint of housing discrimination by calling 1-800-669-9777 (Toll Free) or 1-800-927-9275 (TTY). Written complaints may also be submitted to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Assistant Secretary for Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity, Washington, D.C. 20410."
More information regarding Fair Housing can be found on the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development website: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/fair_housing_equal_opp.